FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Saturday, July 14, 2007

p.a.s.s.i.o.n

funny... many events happened this week that associates with the theme 'passion'. had a long chat with a friend who called and we talked about passion for a job til past midnight... " is passion important in a job, in whatever that we do?" my friend who self declares herself that she, being a passion driven person, cannot live any moment without passion. I'm kind of skeptical about the word passion... sometimes i find it is often an abused word. many have associate this with people who only do and live by intuition and feelings.. " If you feel strongly about the job or people, it got to be yours,, no doubt.. " And my dear friend let passion to decide which job she should go... the one that she does not feel strongly, will be out of her list..
sounds logical... but ... is that the only criteria that we have to hold on to? If Moses doesn't feel passionate about the task that God gives, does it mean it's not for him? Jonah doesn't feel passionate about the city of Nineveh, so why did God keep insisting on sending him - someone who doesn't feel strongly over to that city to accomplish his task?

And today someone ask me , do I feel passionate about what I'm doing now.. what is my passion level in TTC, and after TTC, and now ?? (>_<) ..... passion passion passion... so passion makes the world go round? how do we define that? Thanks to wikipedia....

What is Passion? here it goes...

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Look up passion in
Wiktionary, the free dictionary.

Passion is the emotion of feeling very strongly about a subject or person.

Passion can also be used to refer to various forms of emotional suffering, and is often used in this context in Stoicism and some denominations of Buddhism

In Christianity, The Passion refers to the suffering of Jesus leading up to the Crucifixion.


THis really enlightens me... the passion refers to various forms emotional suffering... the passion refers to the suffering of Jesus leading up to the Crucifixion!!

For many umpteen times, people have been asking me about my passion in my current endeavor.. Honestly, I had difficulty answering that question. I thought they were asking me whether I felt excited and perked up for the work I am involved.. But no I do not feel that way. And for a while, I thought something is wrong with me.. Since graduation, I never felt so much tension and inner struggles deep within me... the feeling was like Jesus in the garden of gethsemane " Luke 22:42, Jesus prayed: "‘Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done. ...

so there was no excitement, no perk up feeling.. no... but passion? yes, passion.. I do.. as according to the definition above...

It is a cup that I will have to bear if it is God's will. Moses does not feel excited in his new job as leader to lead the Israelites, but he surrendered, trust and obey... Jeremiah didn't, Jonah didn't either.. But God will use the available vessel that is being used for his greater purpose that fits into his perfect will.

No comments: