FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Monday, June 16, 2008

Aslan the Lion


Perhaps I went with no expectations that it will impress me.. (after reading the reviews that the film was so commercialised that it lost the spirit of the novel by C.S Lewis)

Perhaps it helps that I went to read up from the internet on the story outline so that I have a better understanding of what C.S Lewis was trying to portray from his story.

All I know was I was moved to tears on the part when Aslan appears before Lucy who was sent to search for Aslan, (which was only taken as the last resort by the people) and from then on, Aslan's intervention brought in a new light on the desperate situation. Just as Aslan appear, the whole creation was awakened from sleep to fight against the odds.. I was taken by surprised by this scene.. Like the rest, I underestimated what Aslan can do.. I forgot what great powers Aslan has, I forgot his identity and role. that He is the King of the woods. like the rest, we forgot who actually salvaged the situation from the curse of the White Witch in the first episode. Like the Israelites, we forgot the One who brought them out of the cursed land of Eygpt in the first place. We had forgotten the One who had redeemed us will once again let us experience redemption and salvation from our situations.. If only we remember, If we only we yearn and seek His presence just like how innocent Lucy seeks and yearns for Aslan.


Speaks to me personally that often times, we forgot about who is in control of our situation, and we try to solve the problem own ways. We tend to forget to seek the One who is the Alpha and Omega, who is the Great I Am.. Many times we take things on our own hands, acting as Kings and Queens, we are immersed with our own responsibilities as kings and queens of our life, but forgotten who the True King is.

I am awaken from my sleep.
A refreshing film on a monday afternoon for me.






No comments: